Prior to joining Slonim Law, Kathleen spent the majority of her career in public service, with more than two decades serving various roles within Pinellas County Government. An accomplished real estate professional, she is well versed in the unique legal and environmental aspects of economic development and land use, including airport development.
Most recently, Kathleen served as the Director of Properties for St. Pete-Clearwater International Airport, where she successfully negotiated and drafted a variety of commercial contracts, including: developer agreements and related utility easements, environmental permits, ground leases, service contracts, aeronautical operating agreements, concession licenses, rental car and ground transportation. In addition, she assisted with the public procurement process, developing bids for proposals on a variety of land development and terminal projects.
Previously, Kathleen managed business expansion efforts within the department of Economic Development, where she administered state tax incentive packages and federal programs such as Brownfields and Foreign Trade Zone to local businesses for growth and job creation. She also directed international efforts with a focus on exports and inward investment opportunities for the region. Through these endeavors, she has created invaluable relationships in county, state and federal government as well as local businesses and community organizations, both locally and abroad.
Kathleen graduated from the University of Akron with a Bachelor of Business Administration. She received her Master of Arts in Global Marketing and Political Communication from Emerson College. She received her Juris Doctor from Boston University School of Law.
Memberships & Honors
- Florida and St. Petersburg Bar Associations
- Pinellas County Chapter of Florida Association for Women Lawyers
- Volunteer Child Advocate for the Florida Guardian ad Litem Program, Sixth Judicial Circuit, Pinellas County.
- Achieve Global Instructor Certification – workforce leadership training
- Recognized as “2007 Business Woman of the Year” finalist (government category) by the Tampa Bay Business Journal.
- Appointed by the US Department of Commerce to serve on the National District Export Council.
- Board member of the Tampa Bay International Business Council