According to the dictionary, “trust” is defined as, a “firm belief in the reliability, truth, or ability of someone or something.” It goes on to say, “relations have to be built on trust.” At Slonim Law, we are believers that trust is the key to any relationships, whether they are between two oar more people, or between people and organizations.
Recently, David Slonim, in an interview, talked about his firm’s values. “Here at Slonim Law, we recognize that how we interact with our clients is just as important as what we do for our clients. Our firm’s values guide the way we interact with our clients, regardless of why they have come to us for help. Our values are RESPECT, EMPATHY, TRUST, EXCELLENCE, and CURIOUS.”
“In our team meetings, we talk about how we can better demonstrate these values when we interact with our clients. It is important for our entire team to always:
· Be RESPECTFUL of each other, our clients, and our colleagues. It doesn’t make a difference who people are, or where they are from. Our clients come to us because they need one of our services, and they expect and deserve to be treated with respect.
· Be EMPATHETIC to those around us and our clients. Many of our clients come to us whilst experiencing grief or what might seem to be insurmountable problems. We need to be conscious that it is important for us to listen and to put ourselves in our client’s positions so that we better understand what they are going through.
· Always seek to build, earn, and maintain a meaningful TRUST relationship with others. We know that to be trusted by our clients, we need to demonstrate that we are trustworthy. By demonstrating to our clients that we are confidential legal advisors; by demonstrating that we genuinely are concerned about them and their needs, we are worth trusting.
· Consistently deliver EXCELLENCE in all that we do for our clients. Slonim Law isn’t the largest law firm in Florida, but being big isn’t what is important.
We know the law. We know the best way to resolve the reason you needed a law firm, and we work diligently to bring the highest level of legal expertise and integrity to address our client’s legal challenges.
· Be CURIOUS to find out what are clients are going through so that we can better meet their needs.”
David went on to say, “Here at Slonim Law, we know that what a law firm does and where it is going are important to its clients, but we also know that how we do what we do is key in ensuring that our clients needs, hopes, and issues, are dealt with in a professional, empathetic, and appropriate way. Our firm’s values guide us in do that, every day of the year.”
-Produced by Dr. James B. Rieley exclusively for Slonim Law